Couples looking for the ultimate country estate wedding need look no further than Ashford Estate in Allentown, New Jersey. With so much gorgeous nature surrounding the property, it’s no surprise that Ashford Estate is one of the most sought-after locations for intimate weddings. Angela and Daniel chose this venue to celebrate their Big Day… and let’s just say it was an experience that would make fairy tales jealous!
Speaking of fairy tales… Angela and Daniel’s love story is one for the books! The two met all the way back in the 6th grade. Shy Daniel had a crush on Angela, but was too nervous to let her know. After two years of crushing, they shared their first kiss in the 8th grade at a local movie theater watching the movie “Freaky Friday”!
Fast forward to 2016 – the year Daniel graduated from medical school. Angela had helped plan a “surprise” graduation party for him, which ultimately turned out to be their proposal party! As Daniel stood to thank the guests for coming to his “graduation party”, he called Angela up, got on one knee and popped the question in front of their family and friends!
After a long engagement, their wedding day finally arrived – and wow was it amazing!
Here are some of our favorite magical moments from their Big Day to inspire your own wedding planning…
- Angela has always been a huge follower of wedding posts on Instagram and loved seeing pictures of The Ashford Estate. It was the first venue the couple visited when they began wedding planning, and as soon as Angela saw it in person she knew she had to get married there. She loved the romantic, intimate ballroom with floor-to-ceiling windows, the beautiful grounds for endless photo opportunities (including their incredibly wide, long driveway) and of course the princess bridal suite that she couldn’t wait to get ready in!
- After all of the planning, Angela’s dreams definitely came true! She began her Big Day prepping in Ashford Estate’s Bridal Parlor, which was the perfect spot for her and her bridal party to get their hair and makeup done. Angela had found her hair stylist, Senada, on Instagram as well. Angela originally told Senada about her indecisiveness about wanting to wear her hair down or in an updo, and Senada quickly assured her that she would give her both. Together, they found a versatile, beautiful headpiece to use for both styles! Angela had a beautiful updo for the ceremony while wearing her overskirt ballgown and an elegant second look with her hair down in curls as she wore her mermaid gown. When it came to make up, Angela wanted a simple, natural bridal look. Thank goodness for social media because she also found her makeup artist, Lauren D’Amelio, on Instagram. Angela had a bridal trial with Lauren the day of her bridal shower and as anticipated, her make up came out perfectly!
- Daniel also got ready at the venue, choosing to prepare for his nuptials in the Groom’s Lounge. He exuded sophistication dressed in a black tuxedo from from Suit Supply along with black suspenders, a white pocket square, black Versace shoes (a gift from his brother on the wedding day), a Grosgrain large evening bowtie by Tom Ford and custom cuff links which read “Today I Marry My Best Friend, Danny and Angie 05.26.18.”
- Once the big moment had arrived, Angela looked divine walking down the aisle in a gorgeous lace body-hugging gown with a sweetheart neckline. When Daniel saw her, he couldn’t contain his pure joy.
- The happy couple exchanged vows at their local church, the Coptic Church of Archangel Michael and Saint Mena, in Staten Island, NY. They both grew up in this church and it was important for them to have the ceremony take place among their local community. Traditionally, in Coptic weddings, the groom and bride symbolize a king and queen. The couple dressed with royal garments, including red and gold robes and beautifully embellished gold crowns. One of the most memorable moments of the ceremony was when Angela was being walked down the aisle by her father and received the most heartfelt hug and kiss on her forehead before he hugged Daniel and emotionally gave her hand away. At the end of the ceremony, Angela and Daniel knelt towards the altar and with their heads together turned towards the guests officially as husband and wife!
- After exchanging vows, Angela, Daniel and their guests enjoyed a fabulous cocktail hour followed by dinner in Ashford Estate’s breathtaking Grand Ballroom. We loved how the tables were adorned with towering arrangements of ivory, green and pale pink blooms. After enjoying the most delicious wedding cake ever from Bruno’s Bakery, everyone danced the night away with the happy bride and groom!
Angela and Daniel, cheers to your stunning wedding day! We thank you so much for allowing us to capture your true love in these photos!
Photography: Julian Ribinik
Venue: The Ashford Estate
Wedding Coordinator: Lavish Occasions
Caterer: Merri-Makers Caterers
Music: Dash of Class PLATINUM Entertainment
Videographer: Live Picture Studios
Florist: Carroll’s Florist
Bridal Party Salon: House of Trends
Bride Salon: Senada
Makeup Artist: Lauren D’Amelio and team
Church: The Coptic Orthodox Church of Archangel Michael & St. Mena Limousine Service: Romantique Double Diamond Limousines
Hotel: Hilton Garden Inn
Rentals: Glam Party Rentals
Shuttle: Arrive In Style
Lighting: Fanelli Sound & Lighting
Ice Sculpture: Kevin O’Malley