Yelena and Ariel’s love story began six years ago at a friend’s wedding. Stealing a glance at Ariel from across the room, Yelena couldn’t help but notice his kind puppy eyes! She wasn’t the only one looking… Ariel couldn’t tear his gaze away from Yelena’s beautiful smile. Instead of sitting down next to his friends, he decided to sit right next to her.
Over the next two years, the two became close friends. However, they were both in serious relationships and the timing never felt right for them to pursue a romance. But fate had other plans. On Yelena’s birthday in November 2015, Ariel decided to give her an ultimatum. “Either we give ourselves a shot or I can’t be friends with you anymore,” he told her. Yelena responded with, “Ok, fine… Lets do this!”
Eight months after they began dating, Ariel stunned Yelena with the most romantic proposal ever. The two had been vacationing on the islands of Croatia, and Ariel’s plan was to propose in Hvar. After they spent the day touring lavender fields and enjoying olive trees, a personal driver took them to a private estate for wine tasting. This was followed by a private dinner on the cliffs of the island. Yelena and Ariel enjoyed the sunset with a guitarist playing Yelena’s favorite songs by the Eagles and Eric Clapton. After a day that was simply out-of-this-world, Ariel proposed by the water. Yelena was so surprised that she started hyperventilating… and Ariel thought she was laughing at him! Of course, she finally did get to say, “Yes”!
Our favorite details about Yelena and Ariel’s Royal Elite Palace wedding
- Yelena did a magnificent job planning her Big Day all on her own. The luxurious Royal Elite Palace was the perfect spot for friends and family to gather to celebrate. The venue combines old world appeal and spectacular modern amenities.
- Yelena looked every bit the gorgeous bride in her Berta gown. She had wanted a dress that was light, comfortable, and different from anything else. She especially wanted to be sure that the dress was elegant, and resembled her style and personality. She certainly accomplished this! The top of her gown was a shimmery light halter and the bottom was an A-line shape. The back was completely bare and open. Simply stunning!
- The couple’s close friend, Danny Merin, kindly helped Ariel with the engagement ring and wedding bands. They wanted something simple yet unique, elegant, and timeless. Danny made sure that they received exactly what they had in mind!
- Ariel wore a Ted Baker suit which was perfect in every way! It had a purple lining on the inside to resemble his fun personality. He paired this with red socks for a little extra spunk! He also wore skull cuff links to complete the look.
- The couple used clear columns for the chuppa with a variety or orchids. This gave them the illusion of falling and raining from above.
- Yelena used her favorite flowers, blush pink peonies, for her bouquet. The look was completely classic!
- Guests had such a fantastic time dancing and celebrating into the evening. It was a day that no one will ever forget!
Yelena and Ariel, thank you so much for letting us share in your joyful Big Day. We wish you all the best as you embark on this wonderful union together!
Photography: Julian Ribinik Photography
Venue: Royal Elite Palace
Videographer: Michael Joseph Films
Florist: Metro Floral Designs
Bridal Gown & Veil: Berta
Bridal Shoes: Jimmy Choo
Wedding Rings: The Brillianteer
Groom’s Formalwear: Ted Baker
Wedding Cake: L’estis Desserts
Music: DJ Alex NYC